Minor League Game Summaries 4/14
Written by Chris Slade
Tides lose 5-to-4
- Mike Wright made his second start in a Tides uniform and worked five decent innings with two runs allowed on six hits. He struck out four and walked two.
- Brett Wallace paced the Tides offense with a 3-for-4 game at the plate.
- David Adams drove in two runs and finished 2-for-4 with a double.
- Henry Urrutia and Caleb Joseph both smacked doubles for their lone hits on the night.
Currently in delay (Will update later): Baysox down 4-to-3 in 7th
- Eduardo Rodriguez made the start worked into the 6th despite allowing four runs on six hits and two walks. He also struck out five.
- Christian Walker is 1-for-3 with a two RBI triple.
- Dariel Alvarez is 1-for-2 with an RBI single and walk.
- Michael Ohlman is 1-for-3 at the plate but has a throwing error from behind it.
Keys lose in extras, 5-to-4
- Parker Bridwell showed improved control in this outing (6 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K), notching a quality start and a no decision.
- Matt Hobgood took the loss in the 12th inning after allowing the go-ahead run.
- Wynston Sawyer hit his first home run with the Keys and finished 3-for-4.
- Brenden Webb also hit his first homer of the season and finished 2-for-4.
- Glynn Davis extended his hit streak to 11 with a bunt single in the 1st.
Shorebirds win 9-to-2
- Austin Urban made the start and showed shaky command (4.2 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, K) while ultimately falling an out short of qualifying for the win.
- Big righty Dylan Rheault picked up the win with 3.1 scoreless innings of work.
- Mike Yastrzemski had a big game with a double, a triple, and three RBI's.
- Josh Hart continues to heat up and had a nice 3-for-4 game at the plate.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board