Minor League Game Summaries 4/16
Written by Chris Slade
Tides win 9-to-6
- Eddie Gamboa made the start (5 IP, 4 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 7 K) and continued to post an impressive K/BB ratio despite allowing four runs.
- Brad Brach picked up the win with 1.2 perfect innings and four punchouts.
- Caleb Joseph continues his early season tear with a 3-for-4 game to raise his average to .357.
- Julio Borbon had a busy game with two walks, two hits, and three RBI's.
- Chris Marrero hit a two-run bomb, his second of the season.
Baysox win 6-to-5
- Tyler Wilson made the start (4.2 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, BB, 5 K) but didn't factor in the decision.
- Dariel Alvarez hit an RBI double in the 1st and finsihed with a big 3-for-5 day at the plate.
- Buck Britton contiued his early season tear with a 3-for-6 game.
- Niuman Romero also had a three hit game, including a double.
- Garabez Rosa (2-for-4) and Ronald Bermudez (2-for-4) also had multi-hit games for the Baysox who totaled 15 hits as a team in this game.
Keys win 2-to-0
- Jesse Beal is apparently a starting pitcher again and looked solid (3 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, BB, 5 K) in his three innings of work.
- Former Gamecock Matt Price picked up his 1st save with a scoreless 7th and two K's.
- Glynn Davis once again paces the Keys offense with a 2-for-3 game. Batting .444 now.
Shorebirds win 1-to-0
- In an epic battle of blue chip pitching prospects, Hunter Harvey (6 IP, H, 0 ER, BB, 7 K) and Lucas Giolito (5 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K) of the Nationals put on a pitching clinic.
- The clinic rubbed off on the relievers as this game absurdly remained scoreless until the 15th inning. Jimmy Yacabonis (1.2 IP, H, 2 K) picked up the win and has yet to allow a run.
- Drew Dosch did the honors with an RBI walkoff single in the 15th; finished 3-for-7.
- Prospects Josh Hart and Trey Mancini had 2-for-5 games at the plate.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board