Minor League Game Summaries 4/17
Written by Chris Slade
Tides lost 3-to-2
- T.J. McFarland took the loss in a close game (5.2 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 8 K) but showed an impressive strikeout percentage.
- Henry Urrutia took an 0-fer, dropping to an uncharaceristically low .222 batting average.
- David Adams went 1-for-3 with a double and scored a run.
Baysox lost 3-to-2
- Tim Berry continued his early season dominance (6 IP, 5 H, ER, 2 BB, 3 K) and now carries a 1.00 ERA after three starts.
- Marcel Prado blew the save in the 9th inning and took the loss.
- Christian Walker went 2-for-4 and scored a run.
- Dariel Alvarez batted cleanup and hit an RBI double.
Keys won 7-to-3
- Brady Wager made the start and picked up the win with a decent outing (6 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, BB, 3 K)on the mound.
- Mark Blackmar worked three hitless innings in relief to pick up his first save.
- Michael Burgess hit his 2nd home run in the 6th inning.
- Adrian Marin drove in two runs and finished 2-for-4
- Wynston Sawyer and Jason Esposito also had 2-for-4 games.
Shorebirds won 3-to-1
- Steven Brault had a statement outing (7 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 K) tonight and set a career high in strikeouts in the process.
- Before Jon Keller allowed a run in the 8th, the Shorebirds had gone 29 consecutive scoreless innings on the mound. Keller earned his first save.
- Drew Dosch went 2-for-4 as the DH in the lineup.
- Hector Veloz went 1-for-4 with an RBI single.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board