Minor League Game Summaries 4/27
Written by Chris Slade
Tides lose 6-to-2
- The knuckler must not have been knuckling for Eddie Gamboa today (5.2 IP, 5 H, 6 ER, 4 BB, 6 K) and he allowed three home runs while taking the loss.
- Quintin Berry finished 2-for-4 in the leadoff spot.
- Xavier Paul hit a two-run bomb to account for the Tides two runs.
- Henry Urrutia went 0-for-3 and is hitting just .220 on the year.
Baysox lost 10-to-7
- Tim Berry had had himself a blowup outing (4 IP, 9 H, 9 ER, 3 HR, BB, 3 K) today after he had been rolling to start out the season. His ERA jumped from 1.13 to 3.86.
- Christian Walker went 1-for-3 and walked twice.
- Dariel Alvarez had another 2-for-5 game and drove in two.
- Garabez Rosa hit two doubles, finishing 2-for-4 while driving in three.
Keys won 10-to-3
- Jessie Beal made the start (3 IP, 5 H, ER, BB, K) but once again was on a three inning limit. Mark Blackmar took over and pitched strong (5.2 IP, 5 H, ER, 0 BB, 3 K) into the 9th inning and picked up the win.
- Manny Machado looks ready for Baltimore with a 4-for-4 day at the plate. He hot two doubles and drove in two.
- Glynn Davis went 1-for-2, walked and scored three times.
- Michael Burgess went 2-for-5 and drove in three runs.
Game 1 (Makeup of 4/25): Shorebirds won 5-to-3
- Luc Rennie was hittable but turned in a quality start (6 IP, 9 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 7 K) and showed a nice K/BB ratio.
- Gregory Lorenzo went 2-for-4 and scored a run.
- Alex Murphy went 1-for-3 in his first game with the Shorebirds.
- Conor Bierfeldt went 1-for-3 with a two-run bomb.
Game 2: Shorebirds won 5-to-0
- Austin Urban pitched a solid game (5 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, BB, 5 K) and picked up his first win of the year.
- Gregory Lorenzo went 3-for-5 and scored a run.
- Drew Dosch played third base and went 2-for-5 at the plate.
- Trey Mancini went 2-for-4 with two singles.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board