Written by Michael Williams
I promise not to attend any playoff games in Yankee Stadium.
Adam Jones hit a solo home run in the first inning off Vidal Nuno. He walked in the fourth before Nelson Cruz hit his 23rd home run of the season. After Kelly Johnson made a throwing error in the fifth inning, Steve Pearce killed a baseball. J.J. Hardy hit his first home run in forever. The Orioles totally froze him when he returned to the dugout.
- Bud Norris walked the first batter of the game, but his battery-mate Caleb Joseph made quick work of Brett Gardner attempting to steal with a perfect throw. Bud retired the side in order in the second. Norris a single in the third. National Treasure Derek Jeter tried despirately to influence the umpire, who demonsterably called him out looking to end the mini-threat. Mark Teixeira hit a solo home run to he 385 foot sign in right field in the fourth inning. He allowed no further damage. In the fifth inning Bud gave up a leadoff double to Brian Roberts. Bud Norris threw a great full count pitch to get Ichiro to strike out swinging. Made him look bad. Cervelli popped out and Brett Garnder k'd to end the inning scorelessly. He left with a groin injury before throwing a pitch in the sixth inning. Final Line 5 innings 3 hits 1 run 1 earned run 2 walks 4 strike outs 1 home run
- Ryan Webb relieved Norris in the sixth inning after Bud left suddenly with an injury. He retired the side in eight pitches. In the seventh inning Webb walked Beltran and allowed a hit to Brian Roberts with one down. He threw Ichiro a slider on a 3-2 pitch and he swung through it, keeping runners a first and third. He got the ground out for the third out.
- Brian Matusz pitched the eighth inning. He struck out gardner, Jeter got a questionable home team scored hit off Manny Machado's chest. Jon Schoop did not get to a ground ball past him for a single. Buck removed Brian immediately.
- Tommy Hunter relieved in the eighth will two on and one out. He induced a lineout from Mark Teixeira. He then got a popup to end the inning with no runs scored. He returned to pitch the ninth inning. He retired the first two batters on easy ground balls. He allowed a ground ball to Ichiro, which went through the middle for a hit. Brian McCann then popped out.
- Adam Jones has hit seven home runs in his last twelve games.
- The Orioles went quietly in both the second and third innings.
- Adam is a very good hitter. Especially against left handed pitchers. An excellent at bat to walk in the fourth inning. Nelson Cruz punished Nuno with a huge opposite field home run immediately afterwards. He has 23 to lead the major leagues.
- Steve Pearce demolished a three-two pitch with a runner aboad due to a Kelly Johnson error in the fifth inning. I think he is the Orioles left-fielder.
- Jon Schoop added to thehe hit party with a single in the sixth.
- J.J. Hardy hit his first home run of the season.
- Steve Perace and Adam Jones both collected their second hit with singles in the ninth inning.
- Caleb Joseph threw out Garner and it wasn't close.
- Chris Tillman will faced Masihiro Tanaka tommorow afternoon in the deciding match.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board