Written by Michael Williams
Steve Pearce is a bad, bad, man.
- Steve Pearce 4-for-5 leading a 5-2 win over the Rangers in Baltimore. Wei-Yin Chen picked the win after going six innings and allowing only the two runs, One by solo home run. The Orioles bullpen allowed no runs over three innings with Zach Britton picking up his 12h save.
- Wei-Yin Chen allowed two runs, one by solo homer and left the game with a lead after the 6th inning. Final line, 6 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 2 BB and 4K. He recorded his eighth win.
- Brian Matusz was full-on LOOGY in the 7th.
- Darren O’Day came in to finish off the 7thinning and the 8th.
- Zach Britton allowed a lead off double and then settled down to record his 12th save of the season. He hasn’t allowed a run since I was in Yankee Stadium
- Steve Pearce clubbed them like baby seals with four hits, two of which were doubles. He had two stolen bases to boot. All he needed was a chance. That's all we are saying.
- Ryan Flaherty has continued to swing a hotter bat.
- Nick Hundley had two doubles.
- Chris Davis came through with a clutch RBI single.
- Ryan Flayherty has continued to make Baltimore forget Manny Machado. He played a real nice game again.
Key Moments in game:
- After a strike out victim reached on a wild pitch, Buck Showalter removed Brian Matusz. He faced only the two lefties.
- Buck Showalter continued to write Steve Pearce's name in th lineup in the number two slot.
Observations and musings
- Ron Washington started Scott Baker because he wanted Darvish to stay out of the rain. It never came.
- I am fearful for the fate of Steve Pearce's immortal soul.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board