Written by Michael Williams
Tonight's late night contest got started at 10:05 ET Chris Tillman opposed Angels ace Jered Weaver.
- Chris Tillman allowed Mike Trout to single on an infield hit to Ryan Flaherty. Albert Pujols singled to score him. J.J. Hardy then made an error on a slow grounder. Chris did a great job in getting two ground balls and escaped masterfully. He pitched through six complete and navigated a couple situations with runners in scoreing position but made good pitches when necessary.
Final Line: Five hits, One Run, Two Walks, Three Strike Outs, 103 pitches
- Tommy Hunter relieved Chris Tillman in the seventh. Fly out. He walked Mike Trout. Then got Pujols on a doubleplay. Hunter pitched the eighth and a bloop that Jon Schoop got his feet tangled on but breaking the wrong diredtion turned in to the tying run on an Aybar double.
- Brian Matusz relieved Hunter with two out and the bases loaded in the eighth. On a three-one count he walked in the go ahead run. Buck immediately removed him. Two of the pitches were questionable. Mike Trout came to the plate with the bases still loaded and the Orioles behind 3-to-2.
- Ryan Webb got Mike Trout to fly out.
- Jered Weaver made quick work of the Orioles hitters early.
- Ryan Flaherty hit a ground run double with one out in the third inning. Nick Markakis drove him in with a two out single. David Lough followed with a fly out to the centerfield warning track.
- David Lough singled and stole second. Adam Jones drove him in with a single for the Orioles second and lead run. He got another single to go 2 -for- 4 but did not score on this hit.
- Jon Schoop had a chance to atone with two out in the ninth. Down 0-2, he struck out. Three pitches.
- J.J. Hardy had a first inning error on a shift play.
- Chris Tillman and J.J. Hardy ran a pickoff play with runners at first and second and Mike Trout at the plate. They had the baserunner out at second by four feet.
- Jon Schoop allowed the tying run abord by breakinging wrong on a pop fly and getting his feet tangled and falling down.
Other Notes/ Musings
Off to Seattle for a four game set. It doesn't get any easier.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board