Imagine the following scenario, and tell me what your corresponding moves would be:
1) MacPhail, and Jordan return for '12+
2) Jones receives 4 year contract (taking him through '15). Markakis deemed unavailable.
3) Hardy receives 3 year extension (taking him through '14).
4) Guthrie, Johnson, and Uehara are not traded at the '11 non-waiver deadline.
5) The O's definitively decide not to bid on Fielder or Darvish, and CJ Wilson resigns in Texas.
6) The O's are unwilling / unable to trade the players necessary to obtain players such as Hanley Ramirez, Weaver, F.Hernandez, J.Upton, Kemp.
7) The O's are unwilling / unable to trade the players necessary to obtain 1st base prospects the caliber of Alonso or Belt.
8) Roberts plays some to finish up '11.
If the above were to happen, you are looking at a '12 team that looks like:
Tatum, Pie/Angle, Andino, Harris/Adams
Guthrie, Matusz, Britton, Arrieta, Bergesen/Tillman/ FA innings eater
Bergesen / Tillman
Other bullpen options:
What moves do the O's make then?
Do they pursue a veteran SP like Marquis, L. Hernandez, or Penny?
Do they bring back Lee for 1st? Do they move Reynolds to 1st, and pursue a 3rd baseman?
Do they consider Scott for 1st, move Reimold to DH, and pursue another LF?
Do they pursue another backup UTI MI with some upside?
Do they pursue another option in CF with intent of moving Jones to LF?
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board