- Machado remains in a slump going 1-for his last-13
- Schoop on the other hand is heating up putting up a .289/.386/.447/.834 line over his last ten games.
- Brandon Waring is off to a good start. He's still striking out a lot but he's putting up the power that was expected of him last year when he flopped.
Team League AVG G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG OPS BOW EAS .321 15 56 11 18 5 0 4 9 35 8 16 0 0 .424 .625 1.049
- Tyler Townsend continues his hot start to the season by going 2-for-5 with a home run and double last night.
- LJ Hoes went 4-for-5 last night to raise his season average to .270
- Bobby Bundy allowed four runs on eight hits and four walks in just four innings of work to take the loss. He's had one good start out of four to start the season.
- Michael Planeta went 3-for-4 with his first home run of the season. Planeta is a bit of an enigma because when you look at him take BP and his body size, he looks like he could turn into something but his plate discipline has been terrible over his career. This season he's started out with seven walks to just four strikeouts and is batting .409 with a .552 OBP. At 22-years old, maybe it would be wise to move him to Frederick where he could get more playing time or better yet, move Reuttger to Frederick so he can play everyday at Delmarva.
- Even if Mychal Givens' bat comes around, and it hasn't really given any indications it's going to, he's not a SS. He has committed five errors in 15 games (.938 FLD%) and doesn't have a lot of range.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board
Tony has owned and operated Orioles Hangout since 1996 and is well known for his knowledge of the Baltimore Orioles organization from top to bottom. He's a frequent guest on Baltimore-area sports radio stations and can be heard regularly on the 105.7 FM The Fan. His knowledge and contacts within the Orioles minor league system and the major league baseball scouting industry is unparalleled in the Baltimore media and is known as an expert on the Orioles prospects.