Minor League Game Summaries 4/17
Written by Michael Williams
Tides win 3-2
- Freddy Garcia one run in seven and two thirds innings for Norfolk tonight.
- Niuman Romero with two hits.
Baysox lose 8-3
- Devin Jones pitched five innings and allowed three runs on six hits - striking out three
- Sac fly by Ty Kelly to give Bowie a 1-0 lead.
- SeaWolves took a 3-1 lead in the third inning.
- Baysox came back to tie the game 3-3 in the bottom of the eighth inning. Buck Britton hit a two-out double to center field and second baseman Garabez Rosa followed with a home run into center field.
- SeaWolves retook the lead in the top of the ninth against Baysox reliever David Walters.
Keys lose 7-1
- Tim Bery allows four runs in six innings.
- Jesse Beal two runs in two innings.
- Zane Chavez and Sammy Starr each have hits.
- Allan de San Miguel singled in the ninth, as did Sammy Starr.
Shorebirds win 9-4
- Juan Guzman in the first inning giving up two runs
- Guzman settled down and wound up limiting Kannapolis to three runs over 3.2 innings.
- He struck out seven.
- Nik Balog hit a single scoring Sawyer.
- In the fifth inning, the Shorebirds exploded for eight runs on six hits
- Wynston Sawyer and Adrian Marin each had two-run hits.
- The Shorebirds sent 12 batters to the plate in the inning.
- Right-hander Tommy Winegardner earned the win over 2.1 innings.
- Matt Hobgood and Kevin Jacob combined to keep Kannapolis scoreless.
- Tucker Nathans, Nick Balog and Adrian Marin each recorded two hits.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board