Minor League Game Summaries 4/10
Written by Michael Williams and Baysoxpress
Tides win Six to Four
- Travis Ishikawa goes three for four with a double, Russ Canzler Homers.
- Yamico Navarro has two hits.
- Zach Clark pitches four and a third innings, he is charged with a single run. He also walked and struck out three.
- Manny Delcarmen earned the win in relief, allowing one run on a hit in 1.2 innings of work. Jairo Asencio struck out two for his first save of the season.
Baysox win Seven to Six
- The Baysox jumped out to an early four-run lead but allowed Richmond back into the game after a 6-run sixth inning. It was the third time in the series that the team jumping out to the early lead failed to hold it for the entire game. Wednesday, however, the Baysox were able to rally late to retake the lead and win the series.
- The Baysox struck first in the top of the first inning against Richmond starter Jack Snodgrass. Center fielder Xavier Avery doubled to right field on the first pitch of the game and second baseman Ty Kelly followed with a one out walk. Designated hitter Caleb Joseph plated both runs with a double to left field that gave Bowie a 2-0 lead.
- Bowie added to the lead in the top half of the next inning. Catcher Luis Martinez hit a two-out double to left field and moved to third base after a single by left fielder John Ruettiger. Avery drew a walk to load the bases and right fielder Buck Britton followed with a two-RBI single to center field that gave the Baysox a 4-0 lead.
- Richmond came back in the bottom of the sixth against Baysox starter Jake Pettit . Mark Wagner drew a lead off walk and Ryan Lollis followed with a home run to right field. The Flying Squirrels then loaded the bases with back-to-back singles and a walk before Pettit was replaced on the mound by Tim Bascom. Bascom surrendered a bases clearing triple to Adam Duvall who then scored on a sacrifice fly by Mark Minicozzi that gave Richmond a 6-4 lead.
- The Baysox got one run back in the top of the seventh inning against reliever Jose Valdez. Avery singled on a bunt ground ball and advanced to second on a throwing error before scoring on a double to right field from Britton that made the score 6-5.
- Bowie completed the comeback in the top of the ninth inning against Richmond reliever Daryl Maday. Britton hit a lead off single to center field and advanced all the way to third base after an error by Maday on a pickoff attempt. Kelly followed with a single to plate the tying run and he advanced to second base on a wild pitch. Third baseman Zelous Wheeler singled to drive in the go-ahead run to put the Baysox ahead 7-6.
Frederick loses 5 to 2
- Eduardo Rodrieguez allows five runs in four inning. He gave up two home runs.
- Sammy Starr with a home run.
Shorebirds fall 4-2
- Parker Bridwell pitched five and two thirds innings allowing three runs.
- Mychal Givens still unscored upon as a reliever.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board